March Design Process Updates
We’re continuing to move along the Phase 1 (design) timeline:
- A Construction Manager contract with Kraus-Anderson is scheduled to be on the City Council agenda on March 28th.
- The architect Request for Proposal had a deadline of March 10th. There was great response on that, so we should benefit from several great options and competition between fierce competitors during the interview process.
- Architect interviews are scheduled to begin first week of April and the finalist is tentatively scheduled for approval at the April 25th council meeting.
In the meantime, we want your input.
We’ll have competition which is good. We’re not always seeing that.
Your Opinion Matters
This is a COMMUNITY center and it’s important that the COMMUNITY be a part of this process. Your voice does matter.
There was a survey in the past on what amenities the community would like to see in a community center. Many of you may have participated in that, and we appreciate your opinion. That information is still valid. This new survey is part of the process of actually building a facility, and community input is a big part of that. A new survey will supplement what we know and provide additional direction for actually designing the facility.
This isn’t going back to the drawing board, but making sure what gets built is something people can see themselves using. This is your Community Center and we want to make informed decisions about the facility.
RESPONSES ARE DUE MARCH 28. This will allow time for the information we receive to be compiled and be ready to go by the time architects are hired (should be end of April). This way, architects will have current information available to them as they start drafting options for the final design.
- Helping the design team better understand what elements should be considered for the facility as they put together the architectural drawings and costs.
- Providing the Fairmont Area Community Center Foundation and YMCA with input into what elements are being considered for the facility so the Y can explore programming opportunities that meet the community’s needs.
- Giving the greater community a chance to provide additional input into what elements THEY want in the facility
- You do NOT need to live within Fairmont city limits to participate, as we want feedback from the area.
- If filling out on mobile, a screenshot can also be submitted.
- Survey should be emailed to email@example.com
- Surveys are also available and may be dropped off at Fairmont City Hall